Thursday, August 18, 2005

I Like Ike.

My cousin Ike has pointed out that I've neglected to mention him, even though he sent me the most thoughtful and random care package. (And to clarify my comment on the last post, I DID NOT break up with my cousin, I NEVER dated my cousin, he just happened to be there and talked me thought a messy breakup.)

But seriously, is this not the best care package EVER?

  • Guitar strings
  • A small selection of over the counter drugs, because there is nothing in the world worse than being nauseous/flu-y/constipated and staring at an aisle of medicine in foreign language. Well, there is something worse than that, it's trying to pantamime 'diarria' to a confused man behind the counter.
  • Oreos
  • A hula hoop ( I can only imagine what that cost to send, Ike.)
  • John Mayer CDs
  • A few rolls of one hundred ISO film. He's always on me to upgrade my film tastes.
  • A moose dressed in a santa suit, clutching a small bottle of maple suryp.
  • A "glamor shot" of him at Mt. Saint Helens, framed and signed, "The Second Most Intrepid Explorer in the Family."
  • A t-shirt from the last family reunion.
  • A two page letter from our thirteen year old second cousin, detailing all the juicy gossip in the family. (Lacey, no way, he to-tally didn't say that, did he? Ohmygosh.)
  • The dog collar from my old family dog, Arthur, that passed away. I felt so bad when he died while I was so far away, having his collar makes me feel like I can say goodbye in a way. Thank you, Ike.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Ike's kinda priceless like that.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Chlace said...

Yes. But he's RELATED to me, plus I knew him FIRST.

So he's more mine than yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home