Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The new digs......

After two days in Bangkok (such a noisy city) I'm now in what my interpreter calls a 'cottage flat' in Chachoengsao. It's basically just a studio flat, but I've got a big closet. Ruthie, remember that room in Bolivia were we had to fit all our clothes on that one shelf? And we kept thinking of other ways to store clothes, so you took all our shirts and stuffed them with our other clothes and used them throw pillows? I'm so homesick right now that I took my old 'La Bonita Vida' t-shirt and slid it over my pillow to remind me of you and our last assignment. I miss you and Maki and Tae so bad, but it's always like that at first, right? Thank buddha (see how well I'm fitting in already?) that the Peace Cor. decided I would need the internet.
They told me this city was 'off the beaten track', and boy, they weren't kidding. I haven't seen any foreigners since I got off the bus. Yesterday I was downtown buying maps and I saw a head of long blond hair in a crowd, and I actually followed to see who they were and where they went. Turns out it was a fourteen year old transvestive prostitute. Not exactly the slice of home I was looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home